Organisers of the annual SPAR Women’s Challenge 10km road race would like to inform clubs about the status of this event in 2021. Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic and the restrictions placed on mass participation events, it is not possible to stage our traditional mass participation SPAR Women’s Challenge race this year. We are delighted to inform runners that we will still be staging a SPAR GRAND PRIX race in Johannesburg on Sunday, 3 October 2021. This will again be part of the 6 race SPAR Grand Prix series.
The SPAR Women’s Grand Prix 10km Series, is well underway with the Pietermaritzburg and Cape Town events already taken place. We writing to you to invite runners from your club to participate in the Johannesburg leg of the SPAR Women’s Grand Prix 10km Series on 3 October 2021 at Marks Park, Johannesburg, starting at 07:00.
- Under the COVID-19 restrictions, we are obviously limited to a very small number of runners participating and it is therefore only the Grand Prix of the SPAR Women’s Challenge which is taking place in the various cities and not the mass events as previously
- You are welcome to nominate your top Women runners by completing the attached spreadsheet which you feel would be interested in receiving an invitation to participate on 3 October in the SPAR Women’s Grand Prix 10km Series
- As a guideline, to determine which Women runners you should consider and approach for their interest, and nominate them, please consider the following time limits for the various age groups:
- The runner should be able to finish the 10km race in 60 minutes
- The runner should be able to finish the 10km race in 50 minutes
- 40 – 49: runner should be able to finish the 10km race in 50 minutes
- 50 – 59: runner should be able to finish the 10km race in 60 minutes
- 60 – 69: runner should be able to finish the 10km race in 70 minutes
- 70+: runner should be able to finish the 10km race in 70 minutes
You are not restricted with the number of runners to be nominated, providing that they can finish the 10km race in the abovementioned times and that they have indicated keen interest to participate. For us to consider your nominations and then select runners to be invited we need you to complete the applicable information on the attached spreadsheet which detail we will use for the invitation process and forward to the runner an entry form. You as Club Management are welcome to handle the entries for your selected runners yourself, please advise if you so decide. Very important we need you to submit the attached list of nominations on or before Friday 17 September 2021. Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note the attached spreadsheet provides 20 names. This does not imply that all 20 will be invited! The invitation process takes place over a broad spectrum of runners based on various criteria of which fastest times are only one criterion. SPAR Women’s Grand Prix and the Event Co-coordinators reserves all the rights for the invitation and selection process, and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the invitation and selection process.