Dear Club Secretaries
Trust that you are keeping safe and in good health.
1. 2022 Permanent Licenses update
Firstly, we would like to thank all the clubs that have commenced the 2022 licensing ordering process and paid for both their Club Affiliation and Permanent Licences fees. We would like to encourage other clubs to ensure that the 2022 License orders and fees are paid and received before 10 December 2021 so that we finalise our order with Athletics South Africa for the 1st delivery. See the attached circular 52 from ASA for further details.
Please also note that due to the delay in delivering the 2022 Permanent Licenses, the 2021 Permanent Licenses will be valid till the end of February 2022.
Please see the below fees for 2022 as follows:
2022 Club Affiliation fees:
- Community clubs are R450
- Corporate/company clubs is R1,000
- Newly approved clubs will pay a once-off fee of R114 for community clubs and R10,000 for company clubs
Permanent License Fees for 2022:
- Seniors – R120
- Juniors – R60
2. Ordering of 2022 Permanent Licenses
We have started the preparations for the 2022 Licensing Season. Clubs are requested to place their permanent license orders on the CGA online Athlete Registration System. This system is aimed at making the licensing process as smooth as possible for both CGA administration and clubs.
We would like to thank the clubs that have embraced and registered on the CGA Athlete Registration system as the world is now moving towards a digital sphere. As part of the athlete insurance it is very critical that Athletes are registered on the system and athlete registration forms are uploaded (this is important for insurance purposes).
2022 Permanent License Order forms will be generated by the online system and then clubs must forward to Katlego Mabe at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please see the attached Manual to assist clubs to place their order on the system.
3. 2022 Coaches/Technical Officials Affiliation
Central Gauteng Athletics Coaches and Technical Officials affiliation closing date has been extended to the end of January 2022 to allow for coaches and Officials sufficient time to affiliate. See the attached affiliation forms with the new closing date.
Both the above affiliations will include the affiliation card, golf shirt, World Athletics Rule Book, ASA Rules and Regulation. We will also have an option for coaches and/or officials to buy the road Referees Bib and/ or CGA Winter Jacket at an additional subsidised cost.
4. CGA New Club Applications
Please find the below last list of New Clubs who Applied Process opened at the beginning of August 2021 and closed in October 2021. The following applications were received and recommended for membership with Central Gauteng Athletics:
- Fleurhof Runners Club – The vest will be lime and black with black or lime shorts. This is a community club based in Ext 7, Fleurhof – Roodepoort
- Malvern Athletics Club – The club vest will be red and black shorts. This is a community club based in Jeppestown – JHB
- Inspire Athletics Club: The vest will be royal blue, black and neon green with royal blue shorts. This is a community club with disabled athletes based in Rynfield – Benoni
- Warriors of West Athletics Club – The vest will be gold, black and grey with black shorts. This is a community-based club in Borwa – Westonaria
- Mindful Runners Club – The club vest will be black and purple with blue trims. The shorts will be purple. This is a community and trail running dominated club base in the Greymont area – JHB
- Origins Running Club – The vest will be white and shorts will be black. This is a community and trail running dominated club base in the Fourways area – JHB
- Waterstone College athletics club – The vest will be royal blue with yellow borders down on the side with black shorts. This is a school-based club which is based in Kibler Park – JHB
- Mogale Citizens Athletics Club – The vest will be yellow and brown with black or brown shorts. This club will be a community is based club in Azaadville in Mogale City – JHB
- Hoerskool Die Anker Athletics Club – The vest will be navy blue and yellow with navy blue shorts. This is a school-based club in Brenthurst – Brakpan
Should any of the club colours clash with your club colours or object based on club demarcation, please send an objection to our office before 7 December 2021.
5. CGA New Banking Details
Please be informed that Central Gauteng Athletics has changed their bank to First National Bank as from the 1 of December 2012. All payments must be made to the below account details. Please use your full club name as the payment reference.
- Account Name: Central Gauteng Athletics
- Account Number: 62383418326
- Bank: FNB
- Branch: Germiston
- Branch Code: 250 142
- Account Type: Cheque Account
- Reference: [Full Club Name]
For any further information on the above, please contact the office at 011 873 2726 or email@example.com
Central Gauteng Athletics
Office Phone: 011 873 2726
Twitter: Central Gauteng Athletics
Facebook: Central Gauteng Athletics
YouTube: Central Gauteng Athletics