Dear Club Secretary
Following the announcement of the adjusted alert level 3 by President Ramaphosa on Tuesday 15 June 2021, Central Gauteng Athletics Cross Country league scheduled for the 19 June 2021 at Chris Hani Sports Complex in Orange Farm will go ahead as planned. The commission has considered some of the restrictions announced during the address by the President which has a direct impact on the programme of the day including a reduced number of outdoor gatherings amongst other factors. We have therefore revised the league programme to allow us to comply and have a reduced number of people inside the venue at any given time and have more time to monitor compliance throughout the day. The revised league programme will commence at 10h00 and the last event at 16h40 with no changes in the sequence of events. (See the attached revised programme).
After the last league at Boksburg, the commission resolved that for CGA to ensure COVID-19 compliance, collecting stickers be given to clubs. We will also be implementing this resolution at the Orange Farm league. With the revised programme clubs can collect their club stickers between 09h00 and 10h30 on the day of the event for all the club athletes. Only appointed club coordinator who has submitted names via email@example.com will be given stickers.
We request full compliance from athletes and coaches so that our sport is not affected or closed due to non-compliance or labelled as the supper spread of the pandemic.
Cross Country will be following strict safety protocols as per ASA and Government COVID-19 regulations. Please see the below General Information and regulations to be adhered to at the venue:
- NO MASK. NO ENTRY
- SANITIZE YOUR HANDS AT ALL TIMES
- KEEP SOCIAL DISTANCE OF 2M AT ALL TIMES
- ALL ATHLETES MUST HAVE TWO VALID 2021 ASA LICENSE NUMBER – NO TEMPORARY LICENSES WILL BE ON SALE
- NO SPECTATORS AT THE EVENT
- COVID-19 HEALTH QUESTIONNAIRE TO BE COMPLETED BY ATHLETES, TECHNICAL OFFICIALS AND REGISTERED COACHES BEFORE ENTERING THE STADIUM (SEE THE ATTACHED FORM)
- ONLY PRE-ENTRIES, NO ENTRIES ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT
- ONLY PRE-REGISTERED AND AFFILIATED ASA/CGA COACHES WILL BE ALLOWED TO ENTER THE VENUE
- ATHLETES TO COLLECT THEIR ENTRY STICKERS FROM THE CLUB COORDINATOR
- ATHLETES TO REPORT 30 MINUTES BEFORE THEIR EVENT TO THE CALL ROOM
- NO FOOD / TUCKSHOP WILL BE AVAILABLE AT THE VENUE. ATHLETES ARE REQUIRED TO PLEASE BRING THEIR OWN REFRESHMENTS
- ATHLETES CAN ONLY REMOVE THEIR MASK WHEN COMPETING, AND PUT BACK AS SOON AS HE/SHE IS FINISHED WITH THE RACE
Please note that there will be no spectators allowed at the event due to COVID-19 regulations, all Cross Country supporters can enjoy the league through live streaming. Herewith a link for live streaming:
Herewith, please find the attached 2021 CGA Cross Country fixtures, Revised league programme, Guide on how to enter and Covid19 Health Questionnaire that athletes are expected to complete before entering the event venue.
Results will be available on the entry and results link:
We would appreciate it if you can share this information with your respective athletes and coaches.
Should you need any further information do not hesitate to contact our office.
Looking forward to seeing you on the 19 June 2021.