Central Gauteng Athletics will be resuming the 2021 Cross Country Season following the announcement to move the country to adjusted alert level 3 by President Ramaphosa on Sunday 25 July 2021 and subsiding the infection rate in the province. Central Gauteng Athletics Cross Country commission has updated the 2021 fixtures with the next league scheduled on 31 July 2021 at Simunye Gymnasium in Westonaria.
Entries for coaches and athletes’ registration for league 4 will open today, 26 July 2021 at 14h00 and close on Thursday, 29 July 2021 midnight or as the participants limit has been reached. To adhere to restrictions, only athletes who have run either 1 or 2 Leagues will be allowed to enter and participate. If an athlete has run no league or run 3 leagues they will not be allowed to enter or participate, their entry will be removed. This is to control numbers as per the Covid19 adjusted level 3 regulations and to allow athletes to run the minimum required number of leagues as per selection criteria. If you had previously entered for league 4 before the postponement you will be required to re-enter.
The entry fee for athletes is R15, and no temporary licenses will be sold for the cross country season. Entries will be available on the entry and results from this link: https://cgacrosscountry.wixsite.com/home
As from the Boksburg league, the commission resolved that for CGA to ensure Covid19 compliance, collecting stickers be given to clubs. This resolution will be applicable for the next league. Clubs can collect their club stickers between 09h00 and 10h30 on the day of the event for all the club athletes. Only appointed club coordinators who have submitted names via firstname.lastname@example.org will be given stickers.
In complying with COVID-19 regulations, coaches will have to register. Only affiliated coaches will be allowed access to the venue.
We request full compliance from athletes and coaches so that our sport is not affected or closed due to non-compliance or labelled as the supper spread of the pandemic.
Cross Country will be following strict safety protocols as per ASA and Government Covid-19 regulations. Please see the below General Information and regulations to be adhered to at the venue:
- NO MASK. NO ENTRY
- SANITIZE YOUR HANDS AT ALL TIMES
- KEEP SOCIAL DISTANCE OF 2M AT ALL TIMES
- ALL ATHLETES MUST HAVE TWO VALID 2021 ASA LICENSE NUMBERS- NO TEMPORARY LICENSES WILL BE ON SALE
- NO SPECTATORS AT THE EVENT
- COVID-19 HEALTH QUESTIONNAIRE TO BE COMPLETED BY ATHLETES, TECHNICAL OFFICIALS, AND REGISTERED COACHES BEFORE ENTERING THE STADIUM (SEE THE ATTACHED FORM BELOW)
- ONLY PRE-ENTRIES, NO ENTRIES ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT
- ONLY PRE-REGISTERED AND AFFILIATED ASA/CGA COACHES WILL BE ALLOWED TO ENTER THE VENUE
- ATHLETES TO COLLECT THEIR ENTRY STICKERS FROM THE CLUB COORDINATOR
- ATHLETES TO REPORT 30 MINUTES BEFORE THEIR EVENT TO THE CALL ROOM
- NO FOOD/ TUCKSHOP WILL BE AVAILABLE AT THE VENUE. ATHLETES ARE REQUIRED TO PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN REFRESHMENTS
- ATHLETES CAN ONLY REMOVE THEIR MASK WHEN COMPETING AND PUT BACK AS SOON AS HE/SHE IS FINISHED WITH THE RACE
Herewith, please find the attached 2021 CGA Cross Country revised league fixtures and programme, Guide on how to enter and COVID-19 Health Questionnaire that athletes are expected to complete before entering the event venue.
We would appreciate it if you can share this information with your respective athletes and coaches.
Should you need any further information, do not hesitate to contact our office.
Looking forward to seeing you all on 31 July 2021.