Track & Field Rules
General Rules and Regulations: Competition Rules will apply at all Meetings
- Two licence numbers must be worn at all times. Temporary licenses will be available @ R10,00 valid for one day. Athletes, who have mislaid their licence number, must purchase a temporary number on the day of the meeting.
- In the heats, the fastest 8 athletes will go to the final, for the 1500m fastest 12 athletes.
- If there are not enough entries for heats those who were entered will automatically run in the final at the time of the finals.
- Where events are considered to be finals and there are more entries for an event that can be accommodated in a single race, the event will consist of two or more races and the best times will be taken into consideration for determining the winners.
- Athletes must report for the draw not later than 40 minutes prior to the advertised time on the programme. No late entries will be accepted.
- Athletes for field events must report 30 minutes before the scheduled time at the competition point – except for Pole Vault, which is 60 minutes.
- All personal implements must be handed in for assisting at least 2 hours before the scheduled time for the event at Provincial Championships.
- Athletes withdrawing from an event after handing in their names may NOT compete again at the meeting unless an acceptable reason for such withdrawal is given to the Referee, and his consent has been received.
- Proof of Age must be submitted at all CGA Championships.
- Starting blocks must be used in all races up to 400m. In the case where the stadium provides the blocks, these must be used.
- Only athletes domiciled in Central Gauteng may compete in CGA Provincial Championships and CGA Talent ID Competitions.
- Athletes must compete in two league meetings and the Provincial Championships to be considered for selection into the SA Teams, both Youth, Junior and Seniors.
Central Gauteng Athletics will be hosting the National Level 1 and 2 Coaches Course from 20 to 23...
Dear Club Secretaries Trust that you are keeping safe and in good health. 1. 2022 Permanent...
Photo Credit: Pixall SportCentral Gauteng Athletics (CGA) proudly hosted the 2021 Sub Youth...
Fax: 011 873 2786
Delville North Road