Central Gauteng Athletics Track and Field season has been given a green light to resume, with the first Track and Field Meeting scheduled on the 20 February 2021 at Boksburg Stadium.
Following weeks of efforts engaging with Ekurhuleni Municipality with great consideration of our athletes especially those that are looking forward to qualifying for continental and international events including Olympic Games to have some form of event. We are looking forward to this event and looking forward to having a great track meeting.
The event will be a pre-entries only, athletes and coaches can enter using this link:
Registrations (Athletes): https://tinyurl.com/20febathletesregistrations
Registrations (Coaches): https://tinyurl.com/20febcoachesregistrations
As part of complaining about COVID-19 regulations, coaches will also be required to register on the above link. Only affiliated coaches will be allowed access to the stadium. Entries for coaches and athletes’ registration will be closed on the 17 February 2021.
No spectators will be allowed at the stadium. The entry fee for athletes is R20 and no temporary licenses will be sold for this event.
The event will be following strict safety protocols as per ASA and Government COVID-19 pandemic. Please see the below General Information and regulations to be adhered to at event venue:
- NO MASK. NO ENTRY
- SANITIZE YOUR HANDS AT ALL TIMES
- KEEP SOCIAL DISTANCE OF 2m AT ALL TIMES
- ALL ATHLETES MUST HAVE TWO VALID 2020 ASA LICENSE NUMBER- NO TEMPORARY LICENSES WILL BE ON SALE
- NO SPECTATORS AT THE EVENT
- COVID-19 HEALTH QUESTIONNAIRE TO BE COMPLETED BY ATHLETES, TECHNICAL OFFICIALS AND REGISTERED COACHES BEFORE ENTERING THE STADIUM ( SEE THE ATTACHED FORM)
- ONLY PRE-ENTRIES, NO ENTRIES ON THE DAY OF COMPETITION, ENTRY FEE IS R20 PER ATHLETE
- ONLY PRE REGISTERED AND AFFILIATED ASA/CGA COACHES WILL BE ALLOWED TO ENTER THE STADIUM
- NO COACH WILL BE ALLOWED INSIDE THE COMPETITION AREA
- ATHLETES TO REPORT ONE HOUR BEFORE THEIR EVENT TO THE OUTSIDE BALLROOM (Registration Table)
- NO FOOD/ TUCKSHOP WILL BE AVAILABLE AT THE STADIUM- PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN REFRESHMENTS
- WARM-UP AREA WILL BE ON LONG JUMP AND POLE VAULT RUN-UP AT THE BACK OF THE TRACK
- FIELD ATHLETES MUST MAKE SURE THE IMPLEMENT ARE SANITIZED BEFORE EACH ATTEMPT
- ONLY 4 ATTEMPTS FOR ALL FIELD EVENTS AND HIGH JUMP AS PER THE RULES
- ALL SPRINT EVENTS ONLY 4 ATHLETES PER HEAT WILL BE ALLOWED
- ALL MIDDLE DISTANCE RACES ONLY 10 ATHLETES PER HEAT
- ATHLETES CAN ONLY REMOVE THE MASK WHEN COMPETING AND PUT BACK AS SOON AS HE/SHE IS FINISHED WITH THE ATTEMPT OR RACE
We would appreciate if you can share this information with your respective athletes and coaches.
Herewith, please find the attached updated 2021 Track & Field Fixtures, and Programme for the Track & Field League to be held on 20 February 2021.
Looking forward to seeing you on the 20th February 2021 at Boksburg Stadium.